Are you ready to take on the industry and acquire recognized certifications such as OSHA 10 and forklift driver?
- Must be 18yrs. old and above
- Reside in Cumberland County
- Pass Initial Drug Screen
- Driver’s license not required upon enrollment.
- GED/High School diploma not required upon enrollment.
Support local employers that are challenged to find
skilled workers in construction, manufacturing, &
maintenance by training long-term unemployed
individuals who have faced barriers to obtaining
employment due to lack of education, involvement
with the justice system and aging out of foster care.
FTCC’s plan is to enhance and expand educational
opportunities and support services available to
formally incarcerated individuals with employability barriers. This will be done by increasing their job-
readiness, and connecting students who complete the program with employers seeking skilled workers.
1) Prepare students with industry recognized certifications (OSHA 10, forklift driver, and other core industry credentials such as HVAC and NCCER credentials in construction)
2) Train students with technical skills that lead to employment.
3) Connect students completing the program with employers who are looking to hire individuals skilled in construction trades, infrastructure installation, welding, and landscaping.
4) Assist students with (OJT) On the Job Training and placement assistance into employment.
5) Improve the social and economic mobility of students in danger of being “left behind” through increased educational attainment.
The course will introduce the students to the
knowledge and skills of construction trades, safety,
tools, carpentry, cabinetry, drywall, building codes,
estimations, energy options, and energy efficiency
Total Class Hours: 334
(Equivalent to 10 Weeks of Classes)
Class Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday &
Thursday’s, 8am to 5pm
Case Management Sessions: Every Friday as